Hello and welcome to our newest venture, the You Link It, We Make It Link Party. This isn’t your average Recipe sharing link party – we’ve got a twist. Rather than us simply sharing our recipes with you, we’ll be making, and reviewing, our favorite recipes from those linked up each week! This week I’ve got a decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie that is just as good as it sounds from A Home to Grow Old In .
Here’s how it works.
1. Link up your best recipes. Please link up your post that contains your recipe. We don’t want to send our readers to more than one click for the recipes. But we will be sending them to you!
2. Each of our hosts will pick one recipe to make, review and share.
3. In addition to our chosen recipe to make and review, we will also pick an additional two features. All picks will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles. As a feature, you will also be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board!
Congrats and if you were featured, grab a button!
<a href="http://uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Feature-button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now, let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
April of Uncookie Cutter
I’m April, and I’m sharing my journey of fixing up our realtor described “uncookiecutter” house. I love to build furniture, crafts, home decor projects, recipes – really anything to do with the home. I love to try and recreate things in popular stores, with my own unique twist. Thanks for joining me on my journey!
This week I picked to make – Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie by Robin at A Home to Grow Old In!
Okay, I really wasn’t going to make another sweet dish. I had made two cakes for my husbands birthday this week and really, really, really didn’t need another sugar filled “snack”. But when I saw this pie, I couldn’t resist. I had to making it, is was calling my name through the computer. Literally. Okay, not literally, but I digress…
So this was so very easy.
Mix a few things together.
Here is the kicker – a little secret about letting your sweets sit for a couple of days. Robin has a little info about why this works that she learned from her culinary school days. I let mine sit 48 hours and YUM.
I used a frozen pie crust, because Pillsbury usually does a better job than me, and it was perfect. I did have to cook it about 10 min longer than Robin suggested, but this happened last week too so there is a chance something is wrong with my old-as-dirt oven. Now I’m dreaming of my kitchen remodel :).
Drool, drool. The ice cream with it is a must. It’s the perfect combo.
My daughter really enjoyed it 🙂
Stop by and see the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie recipe HERE.
Make sure to check out the Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bunt Cake Kim tried HERE.
Now, your turn to share.
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link up to 3 of your favorite recipes. Please make sure your post has a recipe in it. We don’t want to send people all over the internet, but we will send them to you!
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or on your link party page.
- We will make one recipe from those linked up each week to make and feature, and will share our own personal pictures of our result.
- We will also pick two additional recipes each to feature.
- All six featured will be shared out through our social media accounts and all recipe owners will be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board. Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
Grab your button here!
<a href="http://uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Party-Button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now lets party!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Can’t wait to see some of your yummy recipes! Make sure to try head over to A Home to Grow Old In to get the full chocolate chip cookie pie recipe.